Amanda Bashmakova, the winner of the age 12-16 category of the show Balss Pavelnieks was approached by LTV and asked if she wanted to participate in JESC 2011. She agreed, and thus is the Latvian entrant. This is the same way Sarlote Lenmane was selected. Valeriya Chuvisova won the younger age group and was also a contender for JESC. Latvia was the last country to confirm participation.
Amanda is 14 years old girl from city Aluksne, Latvia and she will be the one representing Latvia in Yerevan, Armenia at the 2011 Junior Eurovision Song Contest. And she's got help from some of the best known Latvian songwriters.
Amanda likes to dance and travel together with her parents. When Amanda grows up she has decided to help animals and open her nature own reserve.
She's also had a lot of success at different festivals and contests from Russia to Moldova!
A bit of help
Amanda also got a bit of help writing her song from Jānis Lūsēns and Guntars Račs. They both are well-known song musicians.
Lūsēns has experience a lot with different musical styles and roles. The latest being theatre. Shows with his input have been visited tens of thousands of times. The audience for Jānis Lūsēns musical stagings and operas adds up to 450 thousand people!
The poet and musician Guntars Račs started to write poetry and at the age of 16 his first poems were published in the local newspaper and regional publications.
Guntars Račs has been working closely with almost all of the well known Latvian composers as well as Latvian artists. At various times, songs with the lyrics of Guntars Račs have been represented in Eurovision Song Contest.
For several years in turn, the song lyrics of Guntars were the most played and performed on the well-known Latvian radio station Radio 2.
This year Ketnet again hosted Junior Eurosong. They used the same dual system as in 2010, with the duals being:
Evelyn vs Alexandra
Femke vs Seppe
Naomi vs Ciska
Vince vs Flor
Alexandra, Femke, Naomi and Vince competed in the final, with Femke winning with "Een Kusje Meer" (One More Kiss) The stage was a lot nicer than in 2010! Besides the themesong Kei! Vet! Cool!, the juniors also released a song to raise money for cancer charity, called Appels eten.
My personal favourite was Ciska!
The biographies for all 8 kids:
Alexandra is a rock chick of 14 years with Polish roots. She lives in Kortenberg, near Leuven. Leuven is her favorite place with her friends to go shopping. Besides shopping she also likes music and drawing. Music, especially rock music is her biggest passion. She not only sings well, she also plays guitar. She has an acoustic, but is especially in love with her red electric guitar.
Her idol is Avril Lavigne and she has been inspired by her for her number of Junior Eurosong 'Big Bang'.
Ciska is a cheerful girl of 11 years. She lives in the quiet town Temse, where she has enough friends to go roller skating in the square nearby. And those friends and neighborhood kids are suddenly the perfect actors and extras to play in the movie she is making. She not only wrote the story itself, she filmed and directed everything himself. She is working hard to master the guitar and sing to get them day in and day out.
Her role model is currently Demi Lovato and the song "This is me" has content very similar to her Junior Eurovision song' Disco Jojo.
Evelyn is a 15 year old girl from Mechelen. For her, nothing is impossible. She sings and plays piano as if her life depends on it. But she also makes time for other things. She takes drama classes and loves roller coasters and amusement parks.
Evelyn is a superfan of Michael Jackson and especially the song "Man in the mirror" inspired her greatly. Her song for Junior Eurosong is "Music and me".
Femke is a small but brave 11 year old girl from Morkhoven with remarkably long hair. Music is her life. She spends a lot of time at her piano. If she can't play a song, one of her sisters do it and then they rehearse together numbers that they later use during performances they give together.
She is quite cheerful and loves her dog. The song "Pack Up" by Eliza Doolittle inspired her Junior Eurovision Song 'One more kiss'.
Flor is a 14 year old guy from the far Westouter. Music is his passion. Singing and playing piano, he would have his day to cover everything. Between the music he is inspired by the skate park or on the football field. If he is on vacation, you'll find Flor, on or near the water. Wakeboarding, fishing and swimming are his favorite activities.
Justin Bieber is his musical examples. Flor also lives on the principle 'Never say never'. And all that has bieber so its influence on his song Junior Eurosong No. 'She's not mine'.
Naomi is a 15 year old girl from Merelbeke soul with a blend of Congolese and Spanish roots. Ideally, she would spend her days dancing, but due to tiredness sometimes she dreams away and plant them in her head forward all the Holidays they still want to make. Later, they are new anchor, the succession of Martine Tanghe is assured. But Naomi will especially enjoy what the day brings her.
She finds music - and dance inspired by Beyonce. Especially on the song 'Single Ladies' can not stand still and that she wants to achieve with its song for Junior Eurosong "Nobody gets us small.
Seppe is 11 years old and lives between his animals and the green Herselt. But he lets his habitat only too happy to go back to travel. Both for skiing and the sun to enjoy. Seppe but is especially passionate about music and singing. He sings the lungs from his body in the National youth choir. His motto is "go and enjoy" and that he really tries to put into practice.
Does he really enjoy the songs of John Smith. "The fold" is now his favorite song of his idol. Because he is an idol that you can not imitate, like his Junior Eurovision Song Hey Hey You "is not really a John Smith songs.
Vince is a 13 year old guy from Hasselt. He is more of a rocker, but can also enjoy musicals, and not just to look forward to, especially to make himself to play. And he did all the musical Daens and Oliver. Besides celebrating his musical bone playing piano and drums. But Vince has also sporting ambitions. He sits at the Topsportschool in Hasselt and specializes in soccer. So if a music career fails, perhaps the successor to Vince Lionel Messi.
11-year-old Dalita Avanessian won the Armenian national final with her song "Welcome to Armenia" which is very fitting since the contest will be held in Yerevan this year. See it here: http://youtu.be/3YxNU63UjhY
And see the ENTIRE show here: http://youtu.be/QJMBc-5uo8w
The other finalists were:
1. Razmik & Friends - Yes sirum em kez (I Love You)
2. Milena Vardanyan – Stop
3. Maria Yenoqyan – Nor erg (New Song)
4. Petros Ghazaryan – Im yerazank (My Dream)
5. Ninela Mkhitaryan – Notaneri ashkharhum (In the World of Notes)
6. Tatev Engibaryan – Hayeren
7. Do-Re-Mi – Dance With Me
8. Nadezhda Sargsyan – Tik-Tak
9. Allegro – Bnutyan hrashkner (Nature Wonders)
10. Mary Arzumanyan – Pari ritmer (Dance Rhythms)
11. Monika Navasardyan – Slatsik kami (Fast Wind)
12. Dalita – Welcome To Armenia
13. Anahit Hakobyan – Balet (Ballet)
14. Sona Gyulkhasyan - Togh (Let)
15. Milli (Milena Miskaryan) – Milli-on
16. Vahagn Grigoryan – Mer bake (Our Yard)
Here is her biography:
She studies in 'musical school № 1 named after Alexander Spendaryana in piano, vocals and guitar.
She is the author of six songs and videos that are included in various CD, DVD music collections.
2007. won "in the Republican contest-festival of them. Alexander Spendaryana young musical artists."
2009 participated in the contest "Golden Reed", which won first prize.
2009 and 2010. Participated in the "Armenian Dance Contest" won gold medals, and thus took the first place.
2010 to 2011. The winner of the contest prize "Nor Alik - New Wave"
2010. Talk Eurovision qualifying round of Armenia (the best five)
2011. The first national children's literacy prize winner for 'Best hit'
Also participated in these contests of beauty and elegance.
2005 was the "Miss Armenia", in the same year took part in the national contest "Miss, Mister World" beauty and elegance of the table where "Miss Armenia"
2006 won the nomination "Miss advertising" (as in early childhood appeared in various commercials).
2007 Won the title of "Miss Talent".
In 2008. at the "Miss and Mister World" for the manifestation of the unique contribution of udastoilas Certificates "Honorary Member".
2009. became "Miss Top Model 2009" and was awarded a special prize from the famous boxer Alex Abraham.
She also hosts a show called "Baby News" on the second Armenian television program "Good Morning Armenia". She was a correspondent for "Bumbumik Show" on TV "Kentron" and «ATV».
2010 Participated in the Channel, "Shant" in the program "Hidden Talent" where presenting their skills advanced to the semifinals. Took part in a gala concert.
She starred in several episodes of "shilashpot" in channel "Shant" TV program for children Jumble.
At present, acted in television, "Armenia TV" program "Charlie's Show" - which plays a role Charlity.
In the youth magazine "YES" has its own page with the heading "Dalita and friends."
Now also acts in the studio theater Artashes Aleksanyan in the play "The Court of the Armenians - the court of all mankind" (incidentally, the youngest actor in the current composition of the theater represents the role of a boy water seller).
Stayed in many TV and radio broadcasts.
The list of her achievements:
• 2005. "Miss Yerevan"
• 2005. "Miss Armenia"
• 2006. "Miss Advertising"
• 2007. "Miss Talent"
• 2009. "Miss Top Model"
• 2010. Talk Eurovision qualifying round of Armenia (the best five)
• 2010 to 2011. The winner of the contest prize "Nor Alik New Wave"
• 2011. The first national children's literacy prize winner for 'Best hit'
9 September 2011 - Finally some Swedish news! We started with 20 kids, who had to sing a cover of karaoke and a song. The 20 were cut to 8, and these 8 have all been preparing songs since June. Molly Sanden (JESC 2006), Christer Björkman and Tine Matulessy (choreographer for the adult Melodifestivalen) have acted as a jury to narrow the top 8 finalists to four. These 4 will be performing at Gröna Lunds big stage on Saturday at 13.30 and the jury (together with audience reaction) will be picking a winner. The winner won't be announced until November though (on a 2.5 hour TV program).
In the programs we will follow Christer Björkman selecting an artist, from the first audition. While there will be with glimpses of the gigantic international final. Many probably do not know how big it is, says producer Renée Axö. During competitions, the participants had experience of working in the studio and rehearsal space in the same way as artists in the big Eurovision Song Contest.
Christer Björkman is in favor of the new design. He states it is not important whether they win or not, but they become developed musically. All the finalists have plenty of experience and wrote their own songs. We judge the contest based on what we believe may get the best result in the Eurovision. Although the outcome is not really important, this must primarily be playful and fun, says Christer Björkman.
The four finalists are:
- Oliver Eskilsson, 13 år, Norrköping
- Wictoria Johansson, 14 år, Borås
- Erik Rapp, 15 år, Leksand
- Isa Tengbladh, 13 år, Stockholm
And don't forget, for all the news FIRST, go to forum.junioreurosong.net
9 September 2011 - Good news today everyone! It has been announced at junioreurovision.tv that Latvia will become the 14th country in Junior Eurovision 2011! We started with 12, then Bulgaria and Latvia joined, so now at 14 this will no longer be the smallest JESC ever!
"It is great to see another broadcaster expressing its confidence in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest," said Sietse Bakker, the Executive Supervisior of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The EBU and Host Broadcaster AMPTV have made a strong effort this year to reunite the 'family'.
We do not yet know the details of the Latvian selection but they should emerge soon.
Congratulations to our JESC star of the month, Ekaterina Ryabova!
Ekaterina Dmitrievna Ryabova was born August 4, 1997 in Shchyolkovo , Russia (now in Korolev). In 2009 she represented Russia in the Junior Eurovision and came 2nd with her song "Malenky Prints". This year, she becomes the first ever person to go to Junior Eurovision more than once, singing Kak Romeo i Dzhulyetta for Russia. She is in 5th grade at "gymnasium #3" school. She also attends a vocal school called "SvetAfor" with Svetlana Koroteeva.
Here is an interview with her:
- Katya, how do you think you won the national final twice? Maybe you have some special secret to success?
- I do not know. - I do not know. My goal was simply to act with dignity, you know? I wanted to win certainly..
Do you sing to satisfy yourself, or for your parents/teachers?
- I do it for fun. And to bring joy to the audience. If it all works out, I'm satisfied with myself.
- How did the audience react to your performance?
- Very good. My friends made posters to support me, I am grateful to them for that. . And after the results I have very many congratulations on the victory.
- What were your feelings were when you heard again that you won the qualifying stage?
- Honestly, it was a shock. I still can not believe what happened.
- Why the shock? You thought that someone was better than you?
- In my opinion, it was a very strong selection in this year. I even liked most songs. For example, Nikola Dmitriev and Darya Lukash. I managed to make friends with all of them. And they were the first to congratulate me when they announced the results.
- You know that so far for Russia only one person appeared twice on "Eurovision" -Dima Bilan.
- Yes, I know.
- Ready to repeat his success?
- I'll try, of course. Although, again, for me, the victory is not the main goal.
- Well do you remember your first "Eurovision"?
- Yes, of course. I was very nervous that day. The first JESC made a big impression on me, it was scary to sing in front of such an audience, but it was great.
Was this because of the great responsibility Eurovision is associated with or was it the first time you sang in front of so many people?
- I am always excited before the show, I talked about this many times and keep talking. I think this is made up of several factors: the responsibility and excitement in general, before going on stage.
- Do you have friends among the adult performers?
- Friends, not exactly. - But I talked to many. For example, with Dima Bilan.
Did he say well done to you?
- Yes. But we also talked about a lot of other things. About singing, and events, for one.
- How do you spend your free time?
- Meeting with friends, like any teenager, leading an active online life, reading, collecting stickers for a long time. I have many interests, but singing is the biggest of course. I sing in all my spare time, on the way to school, in the classroom and on the way home. I guess I do not sing only at night - and it's because I'm asleep. I even listen to a lot of music. Mainly, of course, pop music. But to lots of different types, I have no favorite bands and artists.
- I read that you'd like to play in a movie, it's true?
- Yes, it's true. But seriously, I have not thought about it. Maybe it will be fantastic.
What about a musical?
That would be great too of course.
So you have been working on your JESC entry lately?
Yes, we have to think about all the details. I have many ideas. Sometimes something just comes to mind - and I record it on tape, but I often don't show anyone. I am just brainstorming. But anyone who reads this, I would like to say that I am not afraid of creativity.
- Do you have many friends on the Internet?
- A lot. People find me on social networks, they write: "Hi, how are you?" I get a lot of questions about my singing and what I am doing. Unfortunately we do not have time to respond to all messages but I appreciate them all of course.
- How are you studying, do you get good grades?
- Yes, I get good grades and I have a very good class.
-Are your classmates supporting you?
- Yes, they like what I sing. Sometimes I invite them to my performances. For example, I invited three of my friends to the national final.
- They did not want to follow your example and become a singer?
- They already know what they will do in the future. And they do not want to sing.
- Already know? So young?
Roughly. Everyone of our age is thinking about these things.
23 August 2011 - A press article from Lithuania reveals that only 20 entries have been submitted to their national selection due to a lack of interest from adult composers/producers (most participants collaborate with an adult, leading to claims that only rich people can afford to enter). So unlike last year there will be only one final show (on September 18th), and no semifinals. Milita Daikeryte from last years selection has entered again this year, and her song has been written by the same people who wrote "Oki-Doki" for Bartas in 2010, so she is definitely a contender for the win already.
Lithuania also expressed that they are waiting to hear back from the EBU on several rule changes for 2011, including interestingly, that ALL vocals, including backing vocals must be 100% live (previously kids could use a pre-recorded backing track). Whether this will be the case or not will have to be confirmed by the EBU.
5 August 2011 - AVRO have released previews of all eight songs competing in Junior Song Festival 2011. The full songs will be released starting tomorrow, with each child being featured on a different day:
Yassir: 07-08-11 @ 11:56 CET
Polle: 08-08-11 @ 14:55 CET
Rachel: 11-08-11 @ 17:09 CET
Lidewei: 12-08-11 @ 18:00 CET
JuNMe: 13-08-11 @ 8:59 CET
Joel: 13-08-11 @ 11:25 CET
Noah: 13-08-11 @ 15:24 CET
11-year-old Kristina Kochegarova better known as Kristall beat other 19 contestants in the Ukrainian national final and will therefore represent Ukraine in Yerevan.
The Ukrainian national final will take place on July 31st at 8:20 PM CET
The 20 finalists are:
1. Hrystyna Dutchak- "Oi, Molfare, charodiyu"
2. Olga Koval's'ka - "Z dnyom narodzhennya"
3. Group "Milashki" - "Internety-chaty"
4. Kristall - "Evropa"
5. Group "Fleshki" - "Vse bude kruto! (Ok!)"
6. Mikola Zaderey - "Ukrayina daruye futbol"
7. Tamara Logvinova - "Ya kohayu tebe"
8. Duet "Dyadya Slava & Inna Richi" - "Diskoteka na seli"
9. Anton Mykhailyuk - "Prokin'tes' lyudi"
10. Amanda Koenig - "Hip - Hop"
11. Victoriya Kobzar - "Charivna nich"
12. Anastasiya Kalynova - "Bravo, bravo, Mr. Bond"
13. Karina Mazuryk - "Mors'ka zirka"
14. Maryana Scherbak - "Chudova podorozh"
15. Elena Nasyenkova - "Virualniy polit (Popelyushka)"
16. Li Nguyen - "Koroleva Disko"
17. Marta Kvochak - "Pisnya schastya (Z namy zaspivay)"
18. Diana Miroshnychenko - "Hey, za gory, hey"
19. Anastasiya Shevchenko - "Chobitki"
20. Mariya-Nicoletta Petryuk - "Kol'oroviy dosch"
<< Start < Vorige 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Volgende > Einde >>
|Pagina 2 van 26|